"gandhdwaramduradharshaam nityapushtaam karishinim |ishwarim sarvabhutaanam tamihophavahyeshriyam||"
Saint Vadiraaj has written Vaikuntha varnane in four chapters 1.moksha sandhi 2.laya 3 srishti and 4 stithi sandhi .
This is directive lesson in the journey towards Moksha for a aspirant .It highlights the philosophy of Poornapragnya acharya in very lucid manner .
In the first sandhi after the mangalacharan Vadiraaj elucidates the three avataras of Vayu namely Hanuman , Bheema and Madhvacharya .Srimadananda teertha has brightened the lamp of true knowledge of Lord Vedavyasa .
He has upheld that , the world in which we are living , the world which we are experiencing and is witnessing with all the senses and more importantly breathing in the air of the world, such a world is REAL.
Those who claim that everything is FALSE [ MAYA ] , then very tongue with which they are claiming this also becomes FALSE .
How can a false tongue convey anything ? Then speechless such persons cannot argue further !
Thus stressing this logic Vadiraaj quotes the verse " dwasuparna sayujasakhay ........." from vedas [shruti] to bring out the point that ,
Jeeva and Isha are two different birds embracing the tree namely human body .
If a person teases the other in presence of others as " one without qualities " it is seen in the world tempers rise with fury of anger . Then if such words are attributed to Lord Srinivas how can they be accepted .
According to Vadiraaj swamy , this chapter is intended to give bhakti to the good and ethical people and increase hate among the uneligibles . Lord Vishnu has been declared as the greatest in the inquiry made by rishis through Sage Bhrigu .
Such a lord's story [ harikatha] , if not heard ever by those evil people ,such people's breathing is a mere exercise akin to the blacksmith's equipment . Such people [ who have no bhakti in Lord ], their mundane activities are also akin to the sporting pigs and dogs at the enterance of city gates .
Their ears [ which have never heard a harikatha ] are akin to the rat pits . Their eyes which have not rejoiced at the sight of Lord 's Idol are akin to owl . The tongue which has not sung the hymns of Narhari are akin to squeaking frogs .
- Did Parikshit not attain Vaikuntha ,listening to harikatha in seven days ?
- Did Khatvang King not attain the Moksha in just 48 minutes ?
Bhakti is paramount in Moksha sadhana . With Nirmal [ unadulterated ] bhakti ,whence one remembers Narayana continuously , souls reach Vaikuntha .
- Reaching the abode namely Vaikuntha [where Lord Narayana is ever visible to the souls ] is what is known as MOKSHA .
- The place that never perishes is known as Vaikuntha
- Vaikuntha is the only true dwelling [ everlasting stay].
- There Lord Narayana is visible always uninterruptedly in his complete full glory .
- Those who have attained mukti are known as MUKTA .
- Vaikuntha is the place where Mukta live ,without fear of return to mortal world ever .
- ONce entered in this world .one never comes back into the sansaar .
- once entered in Vaikuntha one is relieved from cycle of birth and death .
- Vaikuntha has no miseries
- Vaikuntha has no incompleteness .
- Muktas are always complete and happy in everyway .
- SriMahalaxmi with infinite forms serves Lord Narayana in Vaikuntha and also illuminates the Vaikuntha with her radiance akin to hundred crores of Suns put together , in all the 10 directions of Vaikuntha.
- Vaikuntha of Bhagavan Vishnu is above the satyaloka of Brahma .
- Untouched by miseries ,sidhdhas and sadhyas are enjoying in infinite ways each and every moment uniterruptedly ,without end .
- All these experiences of happiness in the Vaikuntha is the result of service to the Lord Krishna's lotus feet .
- The bestower of such happiness of Moksha ie Lord Krishna's feet and enjoyer of the happiness ie Jeeva are different and in hierarchy . ie Lord is aiways different and greater [ infinitely] than jeeva during sansaar , after sansaar ie Moksha , and also during Moksha , such difference exists and conyinues , among Lord and jeeva and also among Jeevas .
- Such a difference is truth
- Such a heirarchy is Also the TRUTH.
note : this is avery elaborate grantha and over next few weeks the translation of VAIKUNTHA VARNANE will continue .